Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Where in the world is...

My pitiful knowledge of geography is no secret to my family or anyone who knows me well. Although I navigated the best of the best that public education had to offer in Virginia, both in high school and in college, I learned very little of United States or world geography.

Anything I have learned in the years since has been while homeschooling my children, but all of them save the youngest know more than I do by now.

For a truly humbling experience - unless your world geography knowledge is quite hefty - try this out. My children are playing it daily to review their geography skills, and donating water around the world in the process.

And, so long as you're being humbled, check this out:

1 comment:

Laurie said...

By the way, my fellow ASL-student daughter pointed out to me as we watched this today that Lilly does a perfect ASL "eight" with her left hand (and says the word "eight") when her father begins to discuss the fact that she is two years old. I wish I knew this girl and her parents. I would like them; I know it!!