Monday, April 14, 2008

Nate, Tricia, and Gwyneth

This morning I found this Blog, through a local newspaper article (CFHusbandBlog). Like my friend Heidi's, mentioned earlier (See it here), it gives powerful testimony to the goodness of our Lord in the midst of the pain of walking through the sometimes painful parts of His will for our lives.

I was tempted to feel petty and silly about things like posts about a new VW Jetta, but I'm resisting. My sweet friend Tiffanee who lost her four-year-old Noble last week... my dear friend Heidi who lost her six-day-old Sully a few months ago... this stranger Nate whose wife and premature child struggle against the odds for life... Darla, who struggles through chemotherapy for breast cancer... Dot, who's blood pressure is inexplicably up and won't come under control... Pam, whose daughter took her own life... For all of these, and the hundreds more you and I both know, the Lord is providing. In the midst of the pain, and in the midst of the joy, He is faithful. And we come to know Him a little more, a little better, each day, through it all.

And He loves to give us miracle babies, and miracle playgrounds, and miracle moments of profound beauty even as the hair falls out... and yes, even miracle cars that are far below market value and still filled with luxury.

"The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord" (Job 1:21). God, may I know it all of my days, and may I ever trust You!

No comments: