Monday, June 10, 2013

Conception to Birth

Alexander Tsiaras, one-time associate professor of medicine and chief of scientific visualization at Yale University, discusses things inside the human body--now able to be seen and observed with new imaging and scanning technology--that it has never been possible to see before.

He observes that they "allowed us to see things about the body that just made you marvel... (things) so perfectly organized and structured that it made it hard not to attribute divinity to it, because we kept on seeing this over and over again in different parts of the body."

An excerpt from the video piece From Conception to Birth: a Life Unfolds is included in the middle of the interview.



As Alexander Tsiaras explains, "The complexity of these--the mathematical models of how these things are indeed done--are beyond human comprehension... beyond any comprehension of any existing mathematics today.. and even though I am a mathematician, I look at these with the marvel of, 'How do these instruction sets not make these mistakes as they build what is us?'  It's a mystery.  It's magic.  It's divinity." 

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well."    --
Psalm 139:13-14

No comments: