Monday, June 22, 2009

Mondays

"How could he have considered taking Monday off? Monday was the diving board poised over the rest of the week. One walked out on the board, reviewed the situation, planned one's strategy, bounced a few times to get the feel of things, and then made a clean dive. Without Monday, one simply bombed into the water, belly first, and hoped for the best."*

I'm finding it especially challenging to make a clean dive into this week; it is difficult to land nicely when you hit the ground running!

Althought I'm still musing about the "too busy" question I contemplated last week, I think I'll wait until we are unpacked and the laundry is caught up and there is some food in the house before I settle into an any major conclusions...

I have also begun reading an important book: The Overload Syndrome: Learning to Live Within Your Limits, by Richard A. Swenson, M.D.

I'm not going to let these next weeks go by without a prayerful analysis of my life and what activities are in it, and which should be, and which shouldn't...

* Karon, Jan. At Home in Mitford. (New York, Penguin Books USA Inc., 1994).

No comments: