Friday, June 26, 2009

"...the early hours before sunrise..."

It is way too early in the morning, and I am up with the dog. He didn't get me up, but he does follow me out if I leave to go to the bathroom, so I figured I might as well let him pee, too.

I love being up in the wee morning hours, for lots of reasons.

This morning, I'm pondering my son's words about morning, written in an as-yet-unfinished piece of prose...

"The most delightful time of day, as I'm sure my audience will agree, is the early hours before sunrise. This is the time before most of the world is awake. There is a fresh taste to the air, the dew lies on the grass, and there is a certain quiet atmosphere lying over the world that calms us and assures us that, no matter what happens during the day, life will be okay in the end."

Amen to that!

No comments: