Friday, December 5, 2008

Palju õnne

Today is my husband's birthday. He is now the same age I am, at least for another month.

One of the really great things about homeschooling is the fact that you can take birthdays off if you want to, and we sure want to! We don't tend to buy a lot of expensive gifts, but we sure do go all out - in little ways - to make the entire day about making the honoree feel special.

The kids and I have great, fun things planned. I won't go into too much detail because all of it is a surprise at this point... starting with the day off I arranged for him. He is soundly sleeping in a room where the alarm clock has been unplugged and the room-darkening shades have been drawn. He went to bed thinking today is a normal workday. I can't wait for him to awaken and realize that "something's up"!

I'm awake and doing the "special birthday breakfast" thing. His choice? Chile Relleno Casserole, sausage, and hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Of course, he thinks he's having this special birthday breakfast tomorrow...

Such fun lies ahead!

No comments: