Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Pranking!

My sister-in-law came visiting with her six-year-old son and twelve-year-old neighbor (who is a friend of PT's, too) earlier this week. On Monday, they helped our entire crew weed the flower beds in the front yard. (Eight workers makes for a quick job!)

Anyway, homeschooling mother that I am, we had several impromptu "science lessons" during this time... a live observation of how "runners" work on certain types of grass... an in-depth look at a couple of zipper spiders on their fascinating webs... a hands-on pass-around of a cicada exoskeleton...

This is the one that backfired on me.

Apparently, unbeknownst to me, the boys (and OG) headed back out to gather as many as they could find, and secretly placed them all around my bedroom and bath. Needless to say, I've been startled a few times the past few days.

... on a plant in my bedroom...

... on my engagement ring, stowed away on a ring holder during my shower...







... and on my towel, after said shower...


... and waiting to surprise me at various other times on various other things I encounter during my days...

... like the toilet paper holder in my bathroom...






This one, waiting for me on the light switch in my closet, actually made me scream when I touched it, which was their goal and delight.

Hope you are having as much fun around your place as we are around here! If not, get busy. Summer's almost over!

No comments: