Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Fun!

My husband is one of the funniest people I know. Really. (Don't tell him, though, because it will only encourage him!) He is silly and goofy, too, in really fun ways, which make him the perfect counterbalance to my often over-serious self in our home. (I really did marry the best man in the world for me!)

Yesterday he was being some sort of silly--I think he was dancing around like fake break dancing or fake Irish dancing or something--and my youngest daughter, EL, asked me, "Mom, was Dad like this when you decided to marry him? Or do you like that?"

I burst out laughing and quickly declared, "Oh, I love Daddy, honey, and I love how he is!"

"I do, too," she then shyly confessed.

Here's to serious-when-they-need-to-be, super fun dads on Father's Day!

No comments: