Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow Day!

I know I am truly an adult because snow days usually now bum me out. Yes, I remember the quiet hoping (before) and the elated joy (after) the announcement from the "powers that be" that school had officially been canceled. But when I have planned a day's activities for my students at the homeschool enrichment group, I am almost always disappointed not to meet and carry them out as scheduled.


Today, however, I confess that I was not bummed. This morning I was not the disappointed teacher cursing the white stuff under her breath. I was the recovering flu patient who was as thrilled as any student not to have to report to studies today. Another day of rest! An extra few days to play catch up!

Oh, thank you, ultimate Power of "powers that be," for this beautiful reminder of Your mercy. Your creativity. And Your amazing, amazing grace.

"Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:7).


 
 A few of my favorite spots, patiently awaiting spring...
 

No comments: