Sunday, November 15, 2009

Anticipating Advent

Okay, I realize that the point of Advent is a time of preparation and building anticipation for an important coming event, so I think it is hilarious that I am getting excited that Advent itself is coming...

It truly is one of my favorite times of year.

A friend recently asked me about Advent traditions we do, and it got me thinking about it all just a little bit earlier this year. I am approaching the coming Thanksgiving holiday (the "official" commencement of Advent for our family, for all practical purposes) with mounting excitement.

In whatever ways you decide to do it, why not join us and make Advent a special time in your household this year, too?



Please also share your favorite traditions and ideas in the comments section, as I am always open to adding something new that has proven especially meaningful.

Here's to making the Christmas holiday about something more than presents and toys!

No comments: