Friday, September 25, 2009

Excuse me. Have we met?

Okay, the wonders of internet technology never cease to amaze me, but this is blowing my mind these days...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.comRecommended for You
Amazon.com has new recommendations for you based on items
you purchased or told us you own.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following this announcement, which arrived unsolicited to my inbox, was a list of eight books (with lovely little photos of the books' covers)... all of which I would, in fact, LOVE to read!

I mean, it was accurate enough that it was almost creepy... This particular computer program knows me better than most of my friends. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Dominic Christison said...

Hi Laurie,

I have had just the same thought! Chris Garcia explained it to me one time - I mean, the mathematics behind how accurate these things are. I am troubled by the same feeling as you - with the result that I have a huge list of novels I really want to read!