Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Choose Life

Confession: I'm having a very hard time wrapping my brain around the Christians I know who are supporting Obama regardless of the issues he supports and stands he takes.

Facebook is a bad thing for me right now. I don't need to know where folks, especially young liberal evangelicals, are falling down politically right now. There's no debating or discussing of things, of course, because that's taboo... and just seeing little light FB comments that indicate where people are - and not being able at all to wrap my brain around how they as Christians can be where they are - is proving difficult for me.

An Obama presidency is the scariest thing I can imagine right now, as a believer who cares for unborn children, the poor, minorities, and freedom in general. There. I said it.

I know it is open for misinterpretation and offense. But the issues feel too important to me not to say, "What are you thinking?!"

No, I'm not a single-issue voter... there are dozens of reasons I am not supporting an Obama presidency... but the abortion implications alone are enough to make me want to scream, "Hello, Christian friends. Do you not understand what's at stake here?"

No comments: